Saturday, December 27, 2014

Therapy: Divorce

So, as I sit in the house, the one we picked out together, the one I've seen my little girl grow in and I have come to understand that there is nothing left. Don't get me wrong, there is still love in this place, it just isn't...enough. For how many years have we sat in this house, you dwelling upstairs, me downstairs, and said we were happily married, just different. No. I am glad you stepped up and said you didn't feel the same anymore, because I would've sat in this state of loneliness for a lifetime.  I am now free to do what ever, when ever, with no questions asked. But ultimately, when you come to the choice that you want to be married, you don't plan on the day of divorce. So its like the genie, phenomenal cosmic powers, itty bitty living space. The space of course is in your head, a block that must be moved, and only time will do that.

So, I must deal. I must move forward, not with some, I'm better than you now that we're divorced mentality, just forward. The loss of forever is painful, but the hope for tomorrow is a salve.

No comments: